The Pasco School District set boundary changes tonight affecting elementary schools in the west side of the district because of the addition of Rosalind Franklin Elementary.
The new boundary includes a pan handle of some students in the northwest corner of the district who were being bussed to McGee Elementary but would now be walking in walking distance to Rosalind Franklin.
Five elementary schools will be affected by the addition of Rosalind Franklin -- but not all those schools will have boundary changes.
Right now, some of the schools have enrollment numbers over 950 and the area is continuing to grow so this new school is necessary for the school district.
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July