The Pasco School District set boundary changes tonight affecting elementary schools in the west side of the district because of the addition of Rosalind Franklin Elementary.
The new boundary includes a pan handle of some students in the northwest corner of the district who were being bussed to McGee Elementary but would now be walking in walking distance to Rosalind Franklin.
Five elementary schools will be affected by the addition of Rosalind Franklin -- but not all those schools will have boundary changes.
Right now, some of the schools have enrollment numbers over 950 and the area is continuing to grow so this new school is necessary for the school district.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself