The Pasco School District set boundary changes tonight affecting elementary schools in the west side of the district because of the addition of Rosalind Franklin Elementary.
The new boundary includes a pan handle of some students in the northwest corner of the district who were being bussed to McGee Elementary but would now be walking in walking distance to Rosalind Franklin.
Five elementary schools will be affected by the addition of Rosalind Franklin -- but not all those schools will have boundary changes.
Right now, some of the schools have enrollment numbers over 950 and the area is continuing to grow so this new school is necessary for the school district.
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial