Washington State lawmakers have a huge agenda for the 2017 legislative session in Olympia that starts next Monday.
Some of the bills include a House measure on the use of deadly force by police and correctional officers, a bill to stop the use of public funds for abortions and requiring parental notifications when a minor gets an abortion.
There are measures to make education funding a top priority. There is also a controversial bill to form a new state in Eastern Washington.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds