Washington State lawmakers have a huge agenda for the 2017 legislative session in Olympia that starts next Monday.
Some of the bills include a House measure on the use of deadly force by police and correctional officers, a bill to stop the use of public funds for abortions and requiring parental notifications when a minor gets an abortion.
There are measures to make education funding a top priority. There is also a controversial bill to form a new state in Eastern Washington.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown