Washington State lawmakers have a huge agenda for the 2017 legislative session in Olympia that starts next Monday.
Some of the bills include a House measure on the use of deadly force by police and correctional officers, a bill to stop the use of public funds for abortions and requiring parental notifications when a minor gets an abortion.
There are measures to make education funding a top priority. There is also a controversial bill to form a new state in Eastern Washington.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location