Unions representing 15,000 employees at the University of Washington are asking the university to become a sanctuary campus.
The six unions will call for seven specific policy changes to protect students and employees from discrimination, harassment and political targeting.
Union leaders Thursday are presenting their demand to protect immigrants, LGBTQ and Muslim members. They will issue the call outside Denny Hall on the U of W campus Thursday afternoon.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland