Unions representing 15,000 employees at the University of Washington are asking the university to become a sanctuary campus.
The six unions will call for seven specific policy changes to protect students and employees from discrimination, harassment and political targeting.
Union leaders Thursday are presenting their demand to protect immigrants, LGBTQ and Muslim members. They will issue the call outside Denny Hall on the U of W campus Thursday afternoon.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food