OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) -- A group pushing for increased funding for Washington public schools plans a rally Wednesday in Olympia before the state Supreme Court hears why lawmakers haven't done more. The group, Stand Up 4 Education, says members will dress as a "posse" and carry signs that say, "Wanted for education theft: Corporations." The group is urging lawmakers to increase corporate taxes to help fund education. The group says new revenue is needed to avoid siphoning education money from other community services. Lawmakers say the Legislature needs more time to meet the requirements of the court's 2012 McCleary decision.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities