The Yakima Police Department has designated this week as auto theft prevention week. In an effort to reduce auto theft crimes, YPD has purchased steering wheel lock devices to give away to the citizens of Yakima. Owners of Honda Civics or Accords are able to obtain their free device at these locations:
Millennium Plaza, Tonight, between 6 and 7pm.
Albertson’s, 16th and Lincoln, Wednesday, July 9th, between 3 and 4 pm.
Dutch Brother’s (Walmart West), Friday July 11th, between 10 and 11 am.
Supply is limited, so the YPD is focusing on the most-often stolen vehicles. The YPD's hope is that they can protect citizen’s vehicles by providing a level of deterrence. YPD will also be providing pamphlets on ways to deter auto theft.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family