Two Democratic presidential electors from Washington state have filed a federal lawsuit challenging a law that would fine electors if they disregard the state popular vote in the November presidential election.
The Seattle Times reports Bret Chiafalo and Levi Guerra argue the $1000 penalty is unconstitutional, and that they should be able to cast their votes as they see fit when the Electoral College meets Dec. 19.
A hearing on the request for an injunction barring the state from enforcing the law is scheduled for Wednesday in Seattle.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities