Two Democratic presidential electors from Washington state have filed a federal lawsuit challenging a law that would fine electors if they disregard the state popular vote in the November presidential election.
The Seattle Times reports Bret Chiafalo and Levi Guerra argue the $1000 penalty is unconstitutional, and that they should be able to cast their votes as they see fit when the Electoral College meets Dec. 19.
A hearing on the request for an injunction barring the state from enforcing the law is scheduled for Wednesday in Seattle.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market