The candidate pool for Yakima County Sheriff continues to grow.
Ellensburg police captain Jim Keightley announces he will run for the position -- he has served in the Ellensburg Police Department for 3 years, and over 25 years with the Washington State Patrol in Yakima.
Keightley is the fifth person to announce his candidacy for sheriff, he joins sheriff's deputy Steve Changala, Tieton police chief Jeff Ketchum, sheriff's Lieutenant Brian Winter, and former sheriff's deputy Rick Mottice.
Current sheriff Ken Irwin announced he will retire at the end of his term.
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29
- Walla Walla homeless camp to move to Fort Walla Walla park