The candidate pool for Yakima County Sheriff continues to grow.
Ellensburg police captain Jim Keightley announces he will run for the position -- he has served in the Ellensburg Police Department for 3 years, and over 25 years with the Washington State Patrol in Yakima.
Keightley is the fifth person to announce his candidacy for sheriff, he joins sheriff's deputy Steve Changala, Tieton police chief Jeff Ketchum, sheriff's Lieutenant Brian Winter, and former sheriff's deputy Rick Mottice.
Current sheriff Ken Irwin announced he will retire at the end of his term.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself