A Benton City teenager admits to stabbing a 55 year old man behind a church storage shed.
18 year old Noah Matlack pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. The State is recommending that he receives the maximum sentence, 26 years and 8 months.
Matlack is scheduled to appear in court again on August 28, and then again for a sentencing hearing.
Mike Edwards’ body was found behind the Assembly of God Church in Benton City last September. His brother was in court as Matlack changed his plea, and said the whole family is happy with the sentencing recommendation.
The other suspect in the case, Noel Gonzalez, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder earlier this year, and was sentenced to 13 years in prison.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape