A Benton City teenager admits to stabbing a 55 year old man behind a church storage shed.
18 year old Noah Matlack pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. The State is recommending that he receives the maximum sentence, 26 years and 8 months.
Matlack is scheduled to appear in court again on August 28, and then again for a sentencing hearing.
Mike Edwards’ body was found behind the Assembly of God Church in Benton City last September. His brother was in court as Matlack changed his plea, and said the whole family is happy with the sentencing recommendation.
The other suspect in the case, Noel Gonzalez, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder earlier this year, and was sentenced to 13 years in prison.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres