As the investigation into Monday's deadly officer involved shooting near Athena continues, Umatilla County District Attorney Dan Primus says he plans to present evidence of this shooting to a grand jury once his investigation is complete.
Primus says it's standard procedure for his office to present cases such as this to a grand jury.
The victim, 55-year-old Tere King was shot by Athena Police Sergeant Erik Palmer on Pambrun Road south of Highway 11 after King exited his vehicle with a firearm.
King was involved in an extensive police hunt since Saturday after eluding officers following a high-speed chase.
- BMCC seeks new men's head basketball coach
- Richland homeowners still waiting to file insurance claims after flooding
- New homeless men's facility kicks off in Pasco
- Family of the 14-year-old shot and killed in Yakima mourning his death
- Richland Public Library helps to expand STEAM education
- KPD: Car prowler suspect uses stolen credit card