The family of a Yakima doctor who went missing in the Ukraine last year is planning a celebration of his life.
Dr. Jay Sloop went missing during a morning walk in Kiev in May on a trip with his church.
Despite months of searching, no evidence of his whereabouts surfaced.
According to his family's blog, the celebration will be held at the end of April at the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
- Semi-rollover closes Vantage Bridge
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- Toppenish school employee leaves handgun in bathroom
- Seattle police officer, Yakima native released after being shot in face
- Man arrested on suspicion of terror offenses near UK Parliament
- Local teacher helps his students take flight