Advocates for immigration reform make a stop in Yakima this morning.
The group "Fast for Families" is touring across the nation and stopping at select congressional districts -- there, they are asking people to become more engaged by fasting every Wednesday for those who have yet to achieve full citizenship.
The group is also encouraging representative Doc Hastings to push for immigration reform in Washington DC, and hopefully make it one of his last achievements while in office.
"Does he want to be remembered as someone who supported immigration reform and was on the right side of history, or someone who stood on the wrong side and got in the way of the respect and dignity and citizenship of millions?" said Sergio Lara.
The tour also made a stop in Grandview this afternoon, the group will be making their way towards Washington DC.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location