From the OSP-
Oregon State Police (OSP) is still on scene investigating the cause and manner of Sunday night's multi-vehicle traffic crash along the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 east of Pendleton in Umatilla County. Two people were pronounced deceased and the westbound lanes remain closed at this time.
Preliminary information indicates on March 2, 2014 at approximately 7:30 p.m., OSP troopers, ODOT and local emergency responders were dispatched to reports of multiple crashes related to icy conditions in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 near milepost 221. Troopers and emergency responders confirmed multiple crash scenes and that two people were deceased from separate vehicles. At least six commercial vehicles were involved in crashes at separate incident scenes.
No other information is being released at this time. Traffic updates can be found by monitoring ODOT's website TripCheck.com.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome