Yakima County is seeing less and less fatal car crashes over the past 8 years.
Washington State Patrol says the county had 19 fatal crashes in 2013, down from 39 in 2006.
State patrol says officers are focusing on high-risk areas -- in addition, the state started it's Target Zero campaign last year, aimed at reducing the number of deaths to zero by 2030.
The number of injury crashes has also decreased slightly over time.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome