Yakima County is seeing less and less fatal car crashes over the past 8 years.
Washington State Patrol says the county had 19 fatal crashes in 2013, down from 39 in 2006.
State patrol says officers are focusing on high-risk areas -- in addition, the state started it's Target Zero campaign last year, aimed at reducing the number of deaths to zero by 2030.
The number of injury crashes has also decreased slightly over time.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location