Washington State Patrol confirms the driver of the passenger vehicle survived the collision and was taken to a local hospital in Tri-Cities.
Initial investigation and based on interviews with the semi truck driver, WSP is working on confirming an unsafe pass led head on collision in the dense fog.
This story is still developing and will be updated when more information becomes available.
WSP confirms that 2 people have died after an early morning collision near Plymouth.
We are told the accident happened around 5:30 this morning on SR 14 and involved a semi and a passenger car. SR 14 is closed from in both directions from milepost 167 Patterson to milepost 178 near Plymouth while troopers investigate and clear the scene. WSDOT is also on scene assisting with traffic control. They hope to have the roadway reopened around 11:30am
It’s unknown if there are other injuries in this collision but we will continue to keep you updated as we learn more from WSP.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland