An adult male has died as the result of a fatal house fire in College Place Saturday morning.
The fire started at about 9:30 AM on the 1800 block of SE Bliss Lane.
The victim, 39-year-old Andrey Gorkovchenko died of smoke inhalation, according to Walla Walla County Coroner Richard Greenwood.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. The house is a total loss.
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture