From the Kennewick PD-
Summary of Incident: On March 18, 2014 at about 2222 hours, police responded to the report of a motorcycle collision where the male driver was reportedly lying in the street. The reporting party advised dispatch that the male appeared deceased. Upon officers arrival the male victim, Richard Green, was located lying in the roadway next to a motorcycle. Richard was not responsive and Officer Santoy began CPR.
No other involved vehicles were located or reported as involved.
Richard was transported to Trios by Kennewick Fire where he was pronounce deceased by medical staff at the location.
Richard was wearing a helmet and other motorcycle safety gear.
This case is being investigated by the Kennewick Police Department Traffic Division. The cause of the collision is still under investigation.
The Kennewick Police Department wants to remind drivers to be aware of increased motorcyclist activity on the roadway.
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival this weekend
- BMCC seeks new men's head basketball coach
- Richland homeowners still waiting to file insurance claims after flooding
- New homeless men's facility kicks off in Pasco
- Family of the 14-year-old shot and killed in Yakima mourning his death
- Richland Public Library helps to expand STEAM education