Yakima Police say alcohol may have been a contributing factor in a crash Sunday morning that killed a man, and injured two others.
Officers were called out around 1AM to the 1500 block of East Beech Street. They found a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu that had drifted off the road, and crashed into a tree.
A 22 year old male passenger who was sitting behind the driver was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene. The 20 year old driver sustained extensive internal injuries and was transported to a local hospital.
Another passenger in the front seat sufferend minor cuts and scrapes.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location