Yakima Police say alcohol may have been a contributing factor in a crash Sunday morning that killed a man, and injured two others.
Officers were called out around 1AM to the 1500 block of East Beech Street. They found a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu that had drifted off the road, and crashed into a tree.
A 22 year old male passenger who was sitting behind the driver was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene. The 20 year old driver sustained extensive internal injuries and was transported to a local hospital.
Another passenger in the front seat sufferend minor cuts and scrapes.
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'