HELENA, Mont. (AP) -- The FBI in Salt Lake City is seeking assistance in locating a 28-year-old Montana man who escaped from Bozeman police while being questioned about a sexual assault.
Kevin Briggs faces a federal charge of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and charges of aggravated assault, attempted sexual intercourse without consent and assault on a peace officer in Gallatin County.
Briggs was being questioned about an assault on his former girlfriend early on Feb. 1, but walked out of the police station during a shift change. He spent that night in Missoula, bought a bus ticket to Spokane, Wash., and was last seen at the station on the morning of Feb. 2.
Briggs is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs about 135 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. He reportedly told an acquaintance he planned to travel to Seattle, then south to Mexico.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome