HELENA, Mont. (AP) -- The FBI in Salt Lake City is seeking assistance in locating a 28-year-old Montana man who escaped from Bozeman police while being questioned about a sexual assault.
Kevin Briggs faces a federal charge of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and charges of aggravated assault, attempted sexual intercourse without consent and assault on a peace officer in Gallatin County.
Briggs was being questioned about an assault on his former girlfriend early on Feb. 1, but walked out of the police station during a shift change. He spent that night in Missoula, bought a bus ticket to Spokane, Wash., and was last seen at the station on the morning of Feb. 2.
Briggs is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs about 135 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. He reportedly told an acquaintance he planned to travel to Seattle, then south to Mexico.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires