HELENA, Mont. (AP) -- The FBI in Salt Lake City is seeking assistance in locating a 28-year-old Montana man who escaped from Bozeman police while being questioned about a sexual assault.
Kevin Briggs faces a federal charge of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and charges of aggravated assault, attempted sexual intercourse without consent and assault on a peace officer in Gallatin County.
Briggs was being questioned about an assault on his former girlfriend early on Feb. 1, but walked out of the police station during a shift change. He spent that night in Missoula, bought a bus ticket to Spokane, Wash., and was last seen at the station on the morning of Feb. 2.
Briggs is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs about 135 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. He reportedly told an acquaintance he planned to travel to Seattle, then south to Mexico.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters