From the Kennewick Police Department-
Type of Incident Felony Harassment & Warrant Service
Location of Incident 2105 N. Steptoe St, Trailer #146
Date and Time of Incident 0001 Hours
Defendant’s Name Shelby Haddock Age 32
Summary of incident:
On 02-05-14, at approximately 0001 hours, the Benton County Gang Enforcement Team (GET) were serving a warrant at 2105 N. Steptoe Street, Trailer #146, to arrest Shelby Haddock who had several confirmed warrants. This address is the same location of the previous night's drive-by shooting.
During their attempt, they requested assistance from other local agencies due the subject, Haddock refusing to comply with officer's commands and threatened to kill officers. Haddock had armed himself with knives and had a shotgun near his reach. The multi-agency response included assistance from Kennewick Police Officers and Richland Police Officers.
The other occupants inside the residence were concerned due to an infant in a room next to where Haddock was standing. Less lethal projectiles were utilized to take the suspect into custody. He was transported and treated a Trios Health in Kennewick prior to being booked into the Benton County Jail on Felony Harassment charges and his warrants.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown