WALLA WALLA, WA - A Walla Walla man was found dead at 3:30 a.m. at the 1400 block of Alder Street Friday after an in house project turned fatal.
47-year-old Robert Riggers, dismantled his microwave to create a high voltage electricity utensil.
Detective Sergeant Matt Wood, of Walla Walla Police Department, conducted a full investigation and was able to determine that Riggers was trying to construct a figurine statue out of wood, when he suddenly electrocuted himself.
The Walla Walla County Coroner’s Office later confirmed Riggers death as accidental.
Story credit: Dennis Shannon
- Human remains found in Milton-Freewater fire
- Tri-Cities steps up to help rescue dog with severed spine
- Kidnapping murder suspect appears in court
- Deputies, Crime Stoppers look to arrest alien charged with attempted murder
- Trump, Congress punt again on critical Obamacare subsidies
- Woman choked in Columbia Park, police seek suspect and witnesses