WALLA WALLA, WA - A Walla Walla man was found dead at 3:30 a.m. at the 1400 block of Alder Street Friday after an in house project turned fatal.
47-year-old Robert Riggers, dismantled his microwave to create a high voltage electricity utensil.
Detective Sergeant Matt Wood, of Walla Walla Police Department, conducted a full investigation and was able to determine that Riggers was trying to construct a figurine statue out of wood, when he suddenly electrocuted himself.
The Walla Walla County Coroner’s Office later confirmed Riggers death as accidental.
Story credit: Dennis Shannon
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations