It's that time of year when local firefighters ask the community to "Fill the Boot."
It's a charity where firefighters line the streets holding a boot to ask for donations to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Fire crews in Kennewick lined Clearwater Ave. and Morain St. to do their part.
Last year, the Kennewick Fire Department raised $10,000 in the fight against neuromuscular disease.
This year the department will have a second day on August 30th at the same intersection to raise more money.
Last year, Kennewick, Richland and Pasco raised a combined $25,000.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect