It's that time of year when local firefighters ask the community to "Fill the Boot."
It's a charity where firefighters line the streets holding a boot to ask for donations to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Fire crews in Kennewick lined Clearwater Ave. and Morain St. to do their part.
Last year, the Kennewick Fire Department raised $10,000 in the fight against neuromuscular disease.
This year the department will have a second day on August 30th at the same intersection to raise more money.
Last year, Kennewick, Richland and Pasco raised a combined $25,000.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget