The Kennewick fire technical rescue team practiced its techniques off of the cable bridge.
Firefighters dangled from the bridge, simulating a Department of Transportation worker who may have gotten themselves in trouble while working on the bridge.
A second firefighters practiced repelling down to side of the bridge to bring the dangling victim to safety.
Firefighters practice different scenarios monthly but this is the first time they have practiced this situation with the department of transportation.
Columbia Basin Dive Rescue and the Benton County Sheriff's department alsoparticipated in the exercise.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown