More than 1,600 firefighters competed in the firefighter stairclimb in Seattle to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Twenty firefighters from Richland competed this year.
As a department they raised around $34,000, putting them fifth out of 188 teams total in terms of fundraising.
Richland firefighters Andy Sabin and Adam Hardgrove placed 24th and 25th overall in the race.
They climbed up over 1,300 steps wearing 55 pounds of gear in just over 14 minutes.
Fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society continutes through the end of March.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse