Firefighters are still working on cleaning up a brush fire along I-82 just south of Kennewick.
The fire broke out around 2:45 p.m. at a house about a mile down the road.
The homeowner said the fire started by a spark while his wife was mowing the brush.
Benton County Fire Department aren't sure exactly how much area was burned but it could be up to 300 acres.
The firefighters mopped through the area spraying the ground for any embers that could re-ignite.
The fire is fully contained.
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft