Firefighters are still working on cleaning up a brush fire along I-82 just south of Kennewick.
The fire broke out around 2:45 p.m. at a house about a mile down the road.
The homeowner said the fire started by a spark while his wife was mowing the brush.
Benton County Fire Department aren't sure exactly how much area was burned but it could be up to 300 acres.
The firefighters mopped through the area spraying the ground for any embers that could re-ignite.
The fire is fully contained.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market