Richland and Kennewick firefighters team up for a community training session.
Richland Fire Captain Randy Aust gets permission to train in vacant buildings and creates a scenario for firefighters to work on their skills.
Aust said they work with the Kennewick Fire Department on a daily basis so they invited them to the drill.
Crews trained at a warehouse off Columbia Center Boulevard.
For this scenario crews are dispatched to a commercial structure fire.
They go inside, knock down the fire and ask for ventilation.
Crews simulated cutting a hole in the roof. One of the firefighters in the scenario becomes injured and the crew has to safely get him off the roof.
Captain Aust said they practice using a mixture of basic and complicated skills.
He says they try and do these drill every couple of months.
- City of Pasco to discuss public market
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer
- Suspect points sawed-off shotgun at Spokane Valley Deputy
- Yakima authorities searching for burglary, domestic violence, drug suspect