The fallen soldiers memorial that was vandalized at Flat Top park in West Richland is now restored.
Today veterans revealed the new memorial.
It is set up the same way as the previous memorial but new pieces are in place where the broken and vandalized ones were. The boots and the gun were refurbished.
Veteran Bobby Dale said it took 34 people, $11,000 and a lot of community support to make it possible for the veterans to restore their memorial.
Dale said they are going to continue to add to the memorial.
They are also planning on putting cameras around the area for secutiry purposes.
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'