The fallen soldiers memorial that was vandalized at Flat Top park in West Richland is now restored.
Today veterans revealed the new memorial.
It is set up the same way as the previous memorial but new pieces are in place where the broken and vandalized ones were. The boots and the gun were refurbished.
Veteran Bobby Dale said it took 34 people, $11,000 and a lot of community support to make it possible for the veterans to restore their memorial.
Dale said they are going to continue to add to the memorial.
They are also planning on putting cameras around the area for secutiry purposes.
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital