Five suspects in a 2011 food stamps fraud case plead not guilty to trafficking charges in Yakima County Court this afternoon.
Julian Armas, Ashley Cutler, Kevin Jenkins, Martel Morfin and Michael White are accused of selling their food stamp benefits to employees.
An investigation into La Bodega Yakimex Paperwork showed the suspects had been making the exchanges since 2011.
A sixth suspect, Christine George, did not appear for arraignment today.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown