Five suspects in a 2011 food stamps fraud case plead not guilty to trafficking charges in Yakima County Court this afternoon.
Julian Armas, Ashley Cutler, Kevin Jenkins, Martel Morfin and Michael White are accused of selling their food stamp benefits to employees.
An investigation into La Bodega Yakimex Paperwork showed the suspects had been making the exchanges since 2011.
A sixth suspect, Christine George, did not appear for arraignment today.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location