The Washington state Auditor's Office is investigating missing funds from a Franklin County cemetary and the former pro tem mayor, Monica Pruett, may be to blame.
Pruett worked as a business manager at the cemetary and it's determined she did not deposit all receipts from plot sales and gravesite opening and closing fees and submitted a payment to her private business, which led to misappropriation of more than $21,000 between J2004 and 2012.
Pruett is currently in prison for embezzling money from a farm in Mesa.
Pruett was sentenced to two years in prison in November after pleading guilty to taking $160,000 from the farm that hired her as a bookkeeper.
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82