The Washington state Auditor's Office is investigating missing funds from a Franklin County cemetary and the former pro tem mayor, Monica Pruett, may be to blame.
Pruett worked as a business manager at the cemetary and it's determined she did not deposit all receipts from plot sales and gravesite opening and closing fees and submitted a payment to her private business, which led to misappropriation of more than $21,000 between J2004 and 2012.
Pruett is currently in prison for embezzling money from a farm in Mesa.
Pruett was sentenced to two years in prison in November after pleading guilty to taking $160,000 from the farm that hired her as a bookkeeper.
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land