The Washington state Auditor's Office is investigating missing funds from a Franklin County cemetary and the former pro tem mayor, Monica Pruett, may be to blame.
Pruett worked as a business manager at the cemetary and it's determined she did not deposit all receipts from plot sales and gravesite opening and closing fees and submitted a payment to her private business, which led to misappropriation of more than $21,000 between J2004 and 2012.
Pruett is currently in prison for embezzling money from a farm in Mesa.
Pruett was sentenced to two years in prison in November after pleading guilty to taking $160,000 from the farm that hired her as a bookkeeper.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement