A former Selah city manager will have to pay for destroying city records.
A Yakima County Superior Court judge ordered Frank Sweet to pay more than $65,000 to reimburse the city for the investigation into missing files after Sweet had left office.
Sweet reached a plea agreement in January, repaying the city was part of the agreement.
Sweet also served as the interim city manager of Sunnyside, before being let go.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location