Walla Walla County employees are mourning the loss of former sheriff Mike Humphreys.
County Commissioners released an email today saying the 62-year-old died unexpectedly this afternoon in Las Vegas, where he was recovering following a heart attack late last month.
He served as county sheriff for 13 years before retiring at the end of 2010.
Your Local ABC expresses our deepest condolenses to his family.
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres
- Storm cleanup turns into neighborhood effort
- Graffiti uptick in Finley prompts law enforcement crackdown