A former Walla Walla University professor has pleaded guilty to a wire fraud charge involving more than $800,000 dollars from a Walla Walla dentist.
Dana Thompson was also a former part-time bookkeeper for Dan Laizure's Walla Walla Dental Care office and allegedly embezzled money by writing checks out to himself.
Dr. Laizure says Thompson worked for him part-time for 13 years and considers this a betrayal of trust.
Thompson is scheduled to be sentenced July 17th in U.S. Federal Court in Richland.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds