A former Walla Walla University professor has pleaded guilty to a wire fraud charge involving more than $800,000 dollars from a Walla Walla dentist.
Dana Thompson was also a former part-time bookkeeper for Dan Laizure's Walla Walla Dental Care office and allegedly embezzled money by writing checks out to himself.
Dr. Laizure says Thompson worked for him part-time for 13 years and considers this a betrayal of trust.
Thompson is scheduled to be sentenced July 17th in U.S. Federal Court in Richland.
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem