A man is in custody after a four hour standoff in Burbank last night.
Walla Walla County Sheriff John Turner says officials were first called out for a domestic violence situation.
The suspect, Michael Collins, who was wanted for several felony warrants, told his ex-wife he did not want to go back to prison, and said police would have to shoot him. Authorities say Collins barricaded himself in his home on the corner of Birch and 4th, after he let his ex-wife go.
SWAT team members were called in, and neighbors in the immediate area were evacuated.
After about four hours, Collins was convinced to surrender and he was taken into custody without incident.
- Gunshot victim walks into police station
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker