A man is in custody after a four hour standoff in Burbank last night.
Walla Walla County Sheriff John Turner says officials were first called out for a domestic violence situation.
The suspect, Michael Collins, who was wanted for several felony warrants, told his ex-wife he did not want to go back to prison, and said police would have to shoot him. Authorities say Collins barricaded himself in his home on the corner of Birch and 4th, after he let his ex-wife go.
SWAT team members were called in, and neighbors in the immediate area were evacuated.
After about four hours, Collins was convinced to surrender and he was taken into custody without incident.
- Turkey blocks Wikipedia over what it calls terror 'smear campaign'
- Rattlesnakes come out of hibernation in the Tri-Cities
- Community members spread messages of acceptance outside of Prosser school
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties