Four suspects in the brutal beating of a real estate broker in Yakima will face murder charges.
The Yakima County Coroner says Vern Holbrook died of a bacterial pneumonia related to a brain injury he suffered in an attack last year.
Holbrook was found badly beaten, with his throat cut in a home west of Yakima -- he died in hospice care over the weekend.
The Yakima County Prosecutor says his office is reviewing the autopsy report and is trying to determine what degree of murder the four suspects will be charged with.
The four suspects, Luis Gomez-Monges, Adriana Mendez, Daniel Blizzard, and Jill Taylor are currently charged with attempted murder.
A decision should be made sometime this week.
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer