Frank Harkenrider has announced that after 50 years of service to the Hermiston comminty as mayor and a city council member he is retiring.
Harkenrider told your local ABC his reason is, he's 87 years old and it was his time to get out.
Harkenrider served as the mayor of Hermiston for 10 years and on the city council for another 40.
He said he's seen and contributed to a lot of changes in Hermiston over the years but the best thing he's ever done for the city is make the decision to hire the first city manager.
When asked what he is going to do with his new time off. Harkenrider said, "i'll probably just do nothing."
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop