Franklin County Commissioners voted not to extend the marijuana moratorium in Franklin County.
This means the moratorium will expire March 11th at midnight.
The Franklin County moratorium does not supersede any moratoriums put in place by local city councils.
Commissioner Rick Miller was not at the meeting so it was the decision was made by Commissioners Robert Koch and Brad Peck.
Koch said the two were on opposite sides of the decision and since there was no agreement the moratorium will expire.
Koch said he was in favor of letting the moratirium expire becasue he believes the state regulations are tight enough.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities