Franklin County Commissioners voted not to extend the marijuana moratorium in Franklin County.
This means the moratorium will expire March 11th at midnight.
The Franklin County moratorium does not supersede any moratoriums put in place by local city councils.
Commissioner Rick Miller was not at the meeting so it was the decision was made by Commissioners Robert Koch and Brad Peck.
Koch said the two were on opposite sides of the decision and since there was no agreement the moratorium will expire.
Koch said he was in favor of letting the moratirium expire becasue he believes the state regulations are tight enough.
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial
- Washington unemployment rate drops to 4.9 percent
- Money-saving tips for 20-somethings
- Are you suffering from job burnout?