Sheriff Richard Lathim announces today he will be seekng re-election as Franklin County Sheriff.
He has been Sheriff for the past 27 years and says since being elected, crime has been reduced by more than 50%.
Lathim adds that the Franklin County Sheriff's Office received state accreditation in 2008, and was re-accredited in 2012 -- the only accredited law enforcement agency in Franklin County.
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July