Starting May 1st, Franklin PUD customers will pay 3% more for electricity.
The Franklin Public Utility District Commission unanimously approving the increase yesterday -- which is less than what had been planned.
Whith the 3% increase, a typical home will see their monthly bill raise nearly $3.
The Franklin PUD says rising power and transmission costs from the Bonneville Power Administration are the main reasons for the increase.
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds
- Upgrade your posters for a fresh look
- Trial of 2 Spokane psychologists over CIA torture pushed to Sept.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody
- Kennewick police arrest 3 in connection to graffiti amid recent uptick