The citizenship and english classes at the West Side church in Richland offers english and citizenship classes for anyone at absolutely no cost.
The program has been in place for 19 years and all of the classes are taught by retired teachers.
As part of the program individuals learn about the history of the United States.
The instructor said out of her nine years running the class she has only had one student who hasn't passed their citizenship test.
The classes are every Wednesday night at the West Side church in Richland at 6:30.
The program lasts four months, but if you want to be apart of the citizenship class you need to attend a class before the end of January.
- Walla Walla University aviation program celebrates 50 years
- Walla Walla homeless camp relocating
- Seattle Beer Week featuring its first Yakima Valley beer
- ‘Beauty and the Beast' on its final week at Davis High
- Yakima community fears wearing specific colors after recent homicide
- Central Washington University grad to compete in Miss USA competition