A free event at Heritage University can help students learn how to get thousands of dollars to pay for college.
"College Goal Washington" takes place from 4-7 p.m. in the Kathleen Ross Center, Room #419, at Heritage University, 3240 Fort Road in Toppenish. Students and their families will learn how to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the form that is required to apply for federal financial aid for higher education. Students will receive complete instructions for successfully completing and submitting their FAFSA.
If you are a student and haven't made a decision about college, attend this College Goal Washington event. Along with getting help filling out the FAFSA, you can also learn more about the Heritage Soar Scholarship Program and how you can win one of five full-tuition scholarships.
Attendees will need to bring the following items to the free event:
- Social security card
- Driver's license or identification card
- Income information (Bank statements; a W-2 or pay stub; past tax return if filed)
- A parent if you are under 24
- Parents' financial information
- Parents' social security numbers
- Any additional financial information (child support statements, TANF or welfare info, etc.)
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires