Food is on the table for those in need, thanks to a Yakima church.
Grace Lutheran Church and Second Harvest gave out 10-thousand pounds of food this morning.
Fruit, bread, and vegetables, just to name a few all given to local families for free.
No documentation or proof of income was required.
"There is a lot of elderly people, the social security just doesn't give them enough money to spend on food, it's either food, rent, electricity, power and fuel,” said church volunteer David Lennon.
The church tries to distribute food once a month unless the weather is bad.
It feeds 800 to 1,200 families each month.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself