Kennewick, Wash. – Tri-Cities Cancer Center (TCCC) and Trios Health will offer a free breast and cervical cancer screening clinic for 50 uninsured or underinsured women ages 18-64 on Friday, April 18, from 1-4 pm, at Trios Care Center at Vista Field (formerly the Medical Mall) located at 521 North Young Street in Kennewick. Eligible patients may schedule for a free screening by calling 509-737-3420 from 9 am to 5 pm. Appointments are expected to be filled quickly.
Each screening appointment takes about 15 minutes. The program is a partnership of the TCCC (purchases the supplies for the cervical exams); Trios Medical Group (performs the cervical exams with pap and breast exams and provides mammograms for women over 40 years of age); and Three Rivers Pathology (donates the
pathology for the pap smears and HPV test).
The free services are sponsored by Trios Foundation, TCCC Foundation, Three Rivers Pathology, Trios Health, and Benton-Franklin Fair & Rodeo’s “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” Program in support of breast cancer awareness month.
Women over the age of 21 are encouraged to have regular pap smears to screen for cervical cancer;
mammograms are recommended annually for women over the age of 40 to screen for breast cancer.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds