Winter is not over yet and that was apparent over the weekend when many of us saw freezing rain and cold temperatures.
The combination of freezing rain and below freezing temperatures made for slick roads.
The Washington State Patrol said there were approximately45 accidents in the Tri-Cites due to weather conditions and they saw about 20 in Yakima.
The most dangerous part of freezing rain is that you can't see it on the roadways.
The Washington State Patrol reminds drivers to go slow in all severe weather situations.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River