Friday, the 13th of June was a lucky day for Audrey Harwick of Richland: she won $50,000 playing Washington Millionaire VI Scratch. “My birthday month has been very good to me,” she told Lottery officials after she claimed her prize.
Harwick has big plans to put the winnings toward her passion for travel. She told officials she’ll be taking her twentieth cruise this winter, explaining, “I’ve traveled the world. So, I’m going to buy a motorhome and visit parts of the country I haven’t seen.” Harwick elaborated that she plans to visit places from New Orleans to New Mexico. She also has Georgia beaches and Disneyworld with the family on her list.
Harwick shared her plan to drive through the Northeast US in the fall to watch the leaves change, explaining she wants to drive north to south and chase the colors. “All of these things are waiting for me to capture. It’s time to go out there and do it!”
Harwick is a frequent Lottery player, and this is her biggest win yet. There are still seven $50,000 and two $1 million prizes remaining for Washington Millionaire VI Scratch.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River