Friday, the 13th of June was a lucky day for Audrey Harwick of Richland: she won $50,000 playing Washington Millionaire VI Scratch. “My birthday month has been very good to me,” she told Lottery officials after she claimed her prize.
Harwick has big plans to put the winnings toward her passion for travel. She told officials she’ll be taking her twentieth cruise this winter, explaining, “I’ve traveled the world. So, I’m going to buy a motorhome and visit parts of the country I haven’t seen.” Harwick elaborated that she plans to visit places from New Orleans to New Mexico. She also has Georgia beaches and Disneyworld with the family on her list.
Harwick shared her plan to drive through the Northeast US in the fall to watch the leaves change, explaining she wants to drive north to south and chase the colors. “All of these things are waiting for me to capture. It’s time to go out there and do it!”
Harwick is a frequent Lottery player, and this is her biggest win yet. There are still seven $50,000 and two $1 million prizes remaining for Washington Millionaire VI Scratch.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes