Whittier Elementary School is evacuated after a gas leak this morning.
Nearly 700 students were moved to Ochoa Middle School, as a precaution.
They had lunch there while waiting for crews to repair the damage.
Someone operating a lawn mower ran over the gas meter, so it was dug up, and fixed.
No injuries were reported, and around 1 p.m. Whittier was given the all clear, so students returned back to their classrooms.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location