Whittier Elementary School is evacuated after a gas leak this morning.
Nearly 700 students were moved to Ochoa Middle School, as a precaution.
They had lunch there while waiting for crews to repair the damage.
Someone operating a lawn mower ran over the gas meter, so it was dug up, and fixed.
No injuries were reported, and around 1 p.m. Whittier was given the all clear, so students returned back to their classrooms.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome