Gas thefts occur on a reoccurring basis throughout the year on a routine basis and now, the Kennewick Police Department (KPD) says they have seen a sharp increase over the past 2 months.
Kennewick Police have investigated 15 cases so far in 2014 with 11 of those occurring in the last 60 days. In fact the KPD has investigated 4 during the month of July alone.
There is no geographic pattern. The thefts have occurred all over the city. Some have been personal vehicles and some have been business vehicles. 5 of the thefts have been from Ben Franklin Transit Van Pool vans that get left overnight in parking lots.
If you see suspicious persons around vehicles in a parking lot or street please call police immediately.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires