Gas thefts occur on a reoccurring basis throughout the year on a routine basis and now, the Kennewick Police Department (KPD) says they have seen a sharp increase over the past 2 months.
Kennewick Police have investigated 15 cases so far in 2014 with 11 of those occurring in the last 60 days. In fact the KPD has investigated 4 during the month of July alone.
There is no geographic pattern. The thefts have occurred all over the city. Some have been personal vehicles and some have been business vehicles. 5 of the thefts have been from Ben Franklin Transit Van Pool vans that get left overnight in parking lots.
If you see suspicious persons around vehicles in a parking lot or street please call police immediately.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres