An 11-year-old girl who claimed that she was groped on her way to Park Middle School in Kennewick last week has now admitted the story is false.
Today, the girl admitted to investigators that she made the story up.
In her original claim, she told police that an unidentified man approached her on the morning of February 25th and touched her buttocks and breast.
While these cases are infrequent, the Kennewick Police Department is encouraging parents to take this opportunity to talk to your kids about the dangers of making up this type of story.
- Daily Mail's 'Legsit' headline slammed for sexism
- Complaints continue against Prosser School District staff
- Yakima police investigating alleged assault on the Greenway
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter