An 11-year-old girl who claimed that she was groped on her way to Park Middle School in Kennewick last week has now admitted the story is false.
Today, the girl admitted to investigators that she made the story up.
In her original claim, she told police that an unidentified man approached her on the morning of February 25th and touched her buttocks and breast.
While these cases are infrequent, the Kennewick Police Department is encouraging parents to take this opportunity to talk to your kids about the dangers of making up this type of story.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect