Two sisters in Yakima are asking the public to help make a difference in their community this weekend.
16 year old Brittany Newman and her 11 year old sister Annabelle are holding a yard sale this weekend to help raise fund and foods for those in need.
People can come by and exchange packaged goods for items at the yard sale -- most of the goods were donated by the public, and any proceeds will go towards Northwest Harvest.
The girls say they want to help give back to their community.
"We decided to do this because 1 in every 4 people are starving in the community," said Newman, "We were that family once, so why not give back?"
The yard sale is near the corner of Tieton and 48th Avenue and will be held through the end of the weekend
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds
- Upgrade your posters for a fresh look