A woman from Goldendale, Washington is in jail -- accused of murdering her two-year-old daughter, and critically injuring her teenage daughter.
Police arrested 40-year-old Jessica Smith on Sunday.
Her youngest daughter was found dead at a resort in Cannon Beach, Oregon, on Friday.
Smith's 13-year-old daughter was badly hurt; she was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Police say Smith was the only other person in the room when the two were attacked. As such, they say she's their only suspect.
A preliminary autopsy found Smith's toddler died as a result of homicide -- though the cause of death is pending a toxicology report.
Smith's teenage daughter is in stable condition at a hospital near Portland, where she is in protective custody.
- Sunnyside police officer resigns after domestic violence allegations
- Layton Park vandalism suspect caught on camera
- Deputies investigating Kennewick woman's unknown cause of death
- Pasco Police searching for man involved in active case
- Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants
- Amazon buys Souq in big play for Middle East market