A woman from Goldendale, Washington is in jail -- accused of murdering her two-year-old daughter, and critically injuring her teenage daughter.
Police arrested 40-year-old Jessica Smith on Sunday.
Her youngest daughter was found dead at a resort in Cannon Beach, Oregon, on Friday.
Smith's 13-year-old daughter was badly hurt; she was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Police say Smith was the only other person in the room when the two were attacked. As such, they say she's their only suspect.
A preliminary autopsy found Smith's toddler died as a result of homicide -- though the cause of death is pending a toxicology report.
Smith's teenage daughter is in stable condition at a hospital near Portland, where she is in protective custody.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect