OLYMPIA - Gov. Jay Inslee today announced that he is appointing Gayle Harthcock to Yakima County Superior Court.
Harthcock has been serving as a Yakima County Superior Court Commissioner since 2008, primarily covering cases relating to family law and domestic violence. Prior to that, she ran her own private law firm with a focus on family law, estate planning, and criminal defense cases. She's volunteered extensively with the YMCA and other local organizations such as the Yakima Schools Foundation and Yakima County Bar Association.
"Gayle has deep roots in Central Washington and a well-established reputation in the legal community," said Gov. Inslee. "She will be an outstanding addition to the bench and will serve the people of Yakima County well."
Harthcock is filling the vacancy left by Judge Robert Lawrence-Berrey whom Gov. Inslee appointed to the Court of Appeals in February.
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations