OLYMPIA, Wash. - It may be the last day of June, but it's not stopping Washington.
Governor Jay Inslee signing a proclamation supporting immigrant.
June is immigrant heritage month and in the proclamation, Inslee highlights the important contributions by immigrants in the U.S.
FWD.us. is the organization behind the movement, organizers thrilled tonight.
"It just gives that support and that assurance that our Latinos in the state of Washington are being heard,” said organizer Micaela Razo.
Governor Inslee also encouraging everyone in the state to join this observance in recognizing immigrant roots and contributions.
- Pink the Parkway event supports cancer patients and survivors
- Adult care facility fire leaves 6 people without a home
- Yakima County Coroner confirms the name of teen killed in Toppenish hit and run
- Special Olympic athletes receive support from local law enforcement
- 16 Egyptian police officers killed in shootout with militants